7.29.2007

Speeding Towards the Start

I have a mere eleven days before my Crim final, and something odd happened. I found myself in the library.

I know what you're thinking: "How can you think that's odd?" Well, I haven't really been in there yet this semester. I did all of my studying at home with the few books I had there, or in the conference rooms with the study group. But I never felt the need to really study in there. Until Thursday.

On Thursday, it occurred to me that there are several dozen episodes of Law and Order on every day. They appear on TNT, A&E, Spike, NBC, and probably others. They run in batches of four or five. And once I start watching, I can't stop. The only thing that can stop me from watching more is an episode of Criminal Intent (which is, by far, the worst of the spin-offs). That's my problem. So, feeling the need to get away from the temptation to find out how Jack McCoy can sink the defendant this time, I retreated to a carrel in the library, where I have spent that last two days.

It feels like it worked. I spent my time studying inchoate crimes, and my outline for this section is better than any of my previous work. If I continue to spend this number of hours in the library, I might be slightly less worried about my final. Slightly.

The sad thing is that it's Saturday night, and I'm here studying attempt instead of going out. Oh, how far I've come. Oh, how far I have yet to go.

No comments: