11.13.2007

One Month Left

It occurred to me, as I checked my official Indiana Law day planner, that my finals are in less than a month. This must explain why I haven't been posting much. I have two papers to write (one would best be described as an undergrad touchy-feely paper that has little place in a law school curriculum, but I digress) in the next week, and eventually I'll have to solidify some sort of outline for my four finals. So far I've felt that law school has been, well, exactly what I thought it would be. I don't think I came in with inordinate fear, but I don't think I was sugarcoating what life would be like in a Tier 1 law school either. I've seen a lot of people start to fall apart from the stress, and a lot of folks have been getting sick lately. I don't know if my general comfort with the process is aided by my summer start or not, but I suspect that my nature is helping keep my sanity.

On top of all that, I've been working incessantly to secure myself a job for my first summer. Somewhere along the line I decided that I would best fit into bigger law firms in Indianapolis (where I intend to stay after graduation), so I've been looking into all of them, along with a few government agencies. I'm hoping for the best, and the few hiring partners I've had casual conversations with seemed interested in my business experience. I'll be happy anywhere I work, but I certainly have my preferred places.

Lastly, I've met a few potential 1Ls at various law school events, and I've noticed an increase in traffic coming from searches by sundry students. I'll try to keep both in mind over the next few weeks, as prime application season begins, and as more seek advice on which law school to attend. I certainly vouch for the quality of Indiana Law. I'm sure my comrades in the blogroll to the right will certainly agree.

No comments: