1.10.2008

Back at It

After a long delay for Christmas break, and a warm vacation in Arizona, I am back to post. I would have posted over break, but, to be honest, I was enjoying relaxation and working on getting out résumés for this summer. I spread my net wide, and hopefully my undergraduate record will help me get a few interviews. Several federal agencies received my information, as did a few firms in Indianapolis. I am hoping that I can find a paying job, but I won't be holding my breath.

I am particularly excited by my schedule this semester. Not that there was anything wrong with my schedule last semester, but rather than Ethics and Torts, I get libertarian lovables Property and Constitutional Law. Further, we get into advocacy in Legal Research and Writing, which I think is my strength. I found it difficult to write completely neutrally last semester, and the opportunity to practice oral advocacy will lend itself well to whatever is in my future.

I am keeping up with the election coverage, but I won't get political here other than to say that the candidate I support is gathering far more votes than the "mainstream media" believed he would. Hopefully he will make a splash in Michigan, where he was running ads in Arabic to the Muslim communities there. I was disappointed to see Bill Richardson drop out of the race, since I believed he was the Democrat most qualified to be President, and a man who developed far more innovative solutions to problems (boycotting the Beijing Olympics to put pressure on China to get involved in Africa, for example). He should have gotten more votes, but apparently he wasn't liberal enough to win in the primaries. He also didn't say the words "change" or "hope" enough on stage. C'est la vie.

No comments: